Hi all

I've recently built a SW 2.8 environment, added Channels/Repositories for
RHEL/Oracle Linux 6/7 and successfully patched relevant client systems. I now
want to know how people are managing their patching workflow - at this point in
time I just want to ensure the same group of patches are applied to Dev, Test
and Production after sufficient testing has been performed. If I never re-sync
these repositories obviously they'll remain static and could be used for the
whole workflow. However, other service areas may want their environments
patched at different times with additional patches. I guess I could just create
similar Channels/Repositories, at a later time, but that would be time
consuming and need more disk space. I've seen references to cloning using
WebUI, spacecmd -- softwarechannel_clone, spacewalk-clone-by-date or
spacewalk-manage-channel-lifecycle and can research these further but just
wondering what people have found to be the easiest and most reliable solution
really?

Regards
Phil