From: spacewalk-list-boun...@redhat.com <spacewalk-list-boun...@redhat.com> On
Behalf Of whten...@up.com
Sent: 21 February 2019 00:22
To: spacewalk-list@redhat.com
Subject: Re: [Spacewalk-list] Spacewalk 2.8 | Offline Clients

If /etc/sysconfig/rhn/rhnsd is not there, then need to investigate the package
rhnsd. I would try and reinstall the rpm, and check to see if the file is there.

If the file is not there:
        What version of rhnsd is installed on the clients?
        What files are being provided by the rpm?  rpm -ql rhnsd

If the file is there:
        Wait..... If it is no longer there after some time.
        A mis-configured chef/puppet/automated action could be deleting the
file vs creating or updating the file.

If it is still there, some other items to look at:
        Someone could have accidentally deleted the file (oops).
        There could a custom RPM that is being installed on the impacted
systems that has a script which is deleting the file.

Thanks