From: spacewalk-list-boun...@redhat.com <spacewalk-list-boun...@redhat.com> On
Behalf Of Jason Ferris
Sent: Wednesday, March 20, 2019 10:14 AM
To: spacewalk-list@redhat.com
Subject: [Spacewalk-list] New to Spacewalk and Linux

Hello,

I apologize for being a newb but I've been tasked to setup a Linux patching
system and Spacewalk seemed like a solution I could manage. I'm a fairly green
Linux admin and am not an expert on Linux systems.

Our environment consists of Oracle Enterprise Linux systems. I setup spacewalk
2.9 on a fresh install of Oracle Enterprise Linux UEK. And used the directions
from this page
https://oracle-base.com/articles/linux/spacewalk-installation-on-oracle-linux#server-prerequisites

Now that I have a GUI I have many questions about what the options mean on the
pages etc. Is there anything that can explain what these options are in
specifics? Also I guess I'm wondering if this is going to work with our
environment since we use Oracle Enterprise Linux UEK...... Or do I need to
revert to using Ksplice?

Thank you for any help!