Doing more digging, I have gotten to the /var/log/up2date log on the client and
found this error message:

[Wed Apr  3 13:31:28 2019] up2date updateLoginInfo() login info

[Wed Apr  3 13:31:28 2019] up2date logging into up2date server

[Wed Apr  3 13:31:53 2019] up2date successfully retrieved authentication token
from up2date server

[Wed Apr  3 13:31:53 2019] up2date

Traceback (most recent call last):

  File "/sbin/rhn_check", line 382, in __run_action

    (status, message, data) = CheckCli.__do_call(method, params, kwargs)

  File "/sbin/rhn_check", line 374, in __do_call

    method = getMethod.getMethod(method, "/usr/share/rhn/", "actions")

  File "/usr/share/rhn/up2date_client/getMethod.py", line 83, in getMethod

    actions = __import__(modulename)

  File "/usr/share/rhn/actions/packages.py", line 295, in <module>

    yum_base = YumAction()

  File "/usr/share/rhn/actions/packages.py", line 69, in __init__

    self.doSackSetup()

  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/yum/__init__.py", line 741, in
doSackSetup

    return self._getSacks(archlist=archlist, thisrepo=thisrepo)

  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/yum/__init__.py", line 778, in
_getSacks

    self.repos.populateSack(which=repos)

  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/yum/repos.py", line 386, in
populateSack

    sack.populate(repo, mdtype, callback, cacheonly)

  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/yum/yumRepo.py", line 227, in populate

    if self._check_db_version(repo, mydbtype):

  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/yum/yumRepo.py", line 319, in
_check_db_version

    return repo._check_db_version(mdtype)

  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/yum/yumRepo.py", line 1515, in
_check_db_version

    repoXML = self.repoXML

  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/yum/yumRepo.py", line 1701, in <lambda>

    repoXML = property(fget=lambda self: self._getRepoXML(),

  File "/usr/share/yum-plugins/rhnplugin.py", line 567, in _getRepoXML

    return YumRepository._getRepoXML(self)

  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/yum/yumRepo.py", line 1697, in
_getRepoXML

    self._loadRepoXML(text=self.ui_id)

  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/yum/yumRepo.py", line 1688, in
_loadRepoXML

    return self._groupLoadRepoXML(text, self._mdpolicy2mdtypes())

  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/yum/yumRepo.py", line 1662, in
_groupLoadRepoXML

    if self._commonLoadRepoXML(text):

  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/yum/yumRepo.py", line 1482, in
_commonLoadRepoXML

    result = self._getFileRepoXML(local, text)

  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/yum/yumRepo.py", line 1259, in
_getFileRepoXML

    size=102400) # setting max size as 100K

  File "/usr/share/yum-plugins/rhnplugin.py", line 382, in _getFile

    start, end, copy_local, checkfunc, text, reget, cache, size)

  File "/usr/share/yum-plugins/rhnplugin.py", line 486, in
_noExceptionWrappingGet

    raise urlException

<class 'yum.Errors.RepoError'>: failed to retrieve repodata/repomd.xml from
centos_7_zabbix_4_0

error was [Errno 14] curl#51 - "Unable to communicate securely with peer:
requested domain name does not match the server's certificate."