From: spacewalk-list-boun...@redhat.com <spacewalk-list-boun...@redhat.com> On
Behalf Of William Hongach
Sent: Wednesday, April 24, 2019 9:53 AM
To: spacewalk-list@redhat.com
Subject: [Spacewalk-list] Spacewalk 2.9 clients

Hello,

Can anyone confirm if Spacewalk 2.9 clients can communicate with a Spacewalk
2.8 server?  I ask because we currently have a 2.8 environment, but we are
ready to deploy some SLES 12 SP4 servers.  The client available at
download.opensuse.org for SLES 12 SP4 is version 2.9.

The majority of our SLES environment remains SLES 12 SP3 at this time so we
would prefer to keep our Spacewalk server at 2.8 until we plan for a future
migration.  Any insight into the 2.9 client backwards compatibility would be
appreciated.  Thanks.