From: <spacewalk-list-boun...@redhat.com> on behalf of "p.cook...@bham.ac.uk"
Date: Thursday, 2 May 2019 at 15:19
To: "spacewalk-list@redhat.com" <spacewalk-list@redhat.com>
Subject: [Spacewalk-list] Mail Notifications

Good afternoon

I have Spacewalk 2.8 installed on a RHEL 7.6 system with Postfix configured to
use our own mail relay. If I send an email test, from the command line, to my
personal email box I receive the email straightaway. However, I’m not receiving
email Notifications, from Spacewalk, even though they are checked in the Users’
Preferences screen.

I can see the following type of errors in /var/log/maillog (hostname etc made
anonymous):

May  2 14:34:50 <hostname> postfix/smtp[45681]: 422EAE2C60:
delays=409781/0.03/5/0.02, dsn=4.0.0, status=deferred (host relay=<relay
name>[<relay IP>] said: 451 Temporary local problem - please try later (in
reply to RCPT TO command))

Is there some Spacewalk configuration that needs to be done to enable it to
utilise Postfix perhaps? As an example I’ve seen some references to
web.default_mail_from, in /etc/rhn/rhn.conf, but I’m not sure what it actually
needs to be set to.

Regards

Philip Cookson
Linux Administrator