On Fri, 2003-06-13 at 15:41, Murph wrote:
> If I turn on the Bayesian filter and set it to auto learn will this cause
> problems like false negatives/positives? Basically I would like it to start
> learning while I collect a couple 1000 SPAMs and HAMs to teach it. Just
> wondering if I should leave it off for the time being if it will cause
> trouble.
> Murph

It shouldn't cause trouble, it didn't for me or any of my users. Just
make sure that any false positives/negatives that get autolearned get
re-learned correctly and it should be fine.

If you want to be sure, You could always use procmail or similar to add
**learned** to the subject so you can easily spot anything that gets
learned incorrectly.

Yorkshire Dave

Scanned by MailScanner at wot.no-ip.com