-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Chris
Barnes
Sent: Wednesday, 28 January 2004 4:43 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [SAtalk] Re: [EMAIL PROTECTED] virus

Christopher X. Candreva <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I suggest simply installing clamav and additionally passing mail
> through it. Clam runs as a daemon and is actually much faster than
> SpamAssassin.
>
> Clamav was catching Novarg here almost immediately (I have a cron job
> that checks for virus updates once an hour).

Let me 2nd this - on the server I run for my dept, we have had ZERO
messages get through with this virus.  Otoh, I spent 2 hours on the
phone with a dozen or so friends explaining to them how to get this off
of their machines (sometimes it isn't fun being the "helpdesk to the
community").

--

Chris Barnes                                 AOL IM: CNBarnes