On Wed, 2004-01-28 at 17:17, Jason White wrote:
> Greetings, all.
>   I'm using Spamassassin 2.63, called from procmail.  I recently tried
> to add my own rules to catch the mangled spellings of [a particular word
> I can't put here else this won't make it to the list -- ironic].  In
> this example, the maked word is 'testing'.

Ironic, yep... *sigh*.

FYI, you also might want to try http://sandgnat.com/cmos and AntiDrug
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/mkettler/sa/antidrug.cf

> header SUBJ_MASKED_WORD Subject =~
> /t([^e]stin|e[^s]tin|es[^t]in|est[^i]n|esti[^n])g/i
> describe SUBJ_MASKED_WORD Subject: contains masked word
> score SUBJ_MASKED_WORD 0.1

That rule looks good to me; SA definitely supports this.  I'd start
checking other things like is spamd restarted? Does everything --lint
ok?  Are there other rules with similar name? Does the real (not
"testing") rule have a typo?  Does -D report your rules really being
loaded from where you think they are?

--
Chris Thielen

Easily generate SpamAssassin rules to catch obfuscated spam phrases:
http://www.sandgnat.com/cmos/