This ended up being a local firewall issue that I have resolved. Thanks for looking.

At 10:21 AM 1/28/2004, James Ervin wrote:
I have two mail servers running spamassassin. One has spamd running and uses:

# send mail through spamassassin
:0fw
| /usr/bin/spamc

This works and I get a nice log in /var/log/maillog that I can produce reports on.

The other server has never been setup for spamc, so I changed it to the above today so I could get some logging, but it fails. It has run fine for a long time with the normal:

# send mail through spamassassin
:0fw
| /usr/bin/spamassassin

So, I verified that spamd was running:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] mail]# ps ax
--snip--
 5537 ?        S      0:01 /usr/bin/spamd -d -c -a -m5 -H

At this point I installed the latest release just to rule out any odd issue (2.63). Make and install went fine.

However, when calling spamc, procmail just hangs: