You may report any spam sent to any account of yours thru your SpamCop
account whether or not that particular email address is filtered by SpamCop.
For example: I have 5 email accounts, a couple of them filter thru SpamCop
and some don't, one of them is an email address I use for hi-volume list
traffic. The accounts that don't filter receive very little spam but when
they do receive a spam, I cut and paste it into the parse box and report it.
You may want to talk to your server admin at work and let him/her know that
you are receiving spam on general principles so that they can take a look at
the general spam load received at the company and decide if they want to use
RSS or RBL or some other method of reducing the spam load to the employees.

Ellen


<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> Hi all,
>
> I'm a complete newby to this spamcop.net service, can
> someone please advice me on the following:
>
> I received some obvious pyramid selling spam to my work
> account.
>
> Am I ok to report this spam using my spamcop.net email account or would
the pasted mail not be accepted as the mail wasn't sent directly to my
spamcop.net email address
> rather my work address?  I assume I can report spam
> received to any account as long as its legitimate spam?
>
> Would I be best reporting it back to the people who run
> our companies mail server and get them to report it ?
>
> Cheers
>
> Tony.


_______________________________________________
SpamCop-Help mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://news.spamcop.net/mailman/listinfo/spamcop-help

Reply via email to