"Paul Coleman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
9bkcoa$mks$[EMAIL PROTECTED]">news:9bkcoa$mks$[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> It appears you are and expert in doing this process.  I must admit I am
not,
> and I hope I never have to become one.  I need every bit of assistance I
can
> use.  I have absolutely no idea what "larting" is or means.  I can tell
you
> one thing for sure.  I resent being accused of "click-click-click and not
> pay attention anymore".  There is absolutely no truth in that phrase.  My
> suggestion still stands and in no way allows anyone to go
"click-click-click
> and not pay attention anymore" to anything.  I can't understand your
> resentment to my  suggesting safeguards to help prevent mistakes.
> I would simply like to be able to have the option to not report to my
Domian
> or any of the providers up the chain on behave of my domian.  That does
not
> give me or anyone else the abilty to go "click-click-click and not pay
> attention anymore".

I'm sorry if you took it personally
with "you" I didn'y mean you as Paul, I meant users in general.
Of course, reading on, you (Paul) say you have no idea what larting is or
means, and that you (Paul) need every bit of assistance. This is exactly the
point on the "Click-click-click and not pay attention anymore" it's not an
accusation, not to be offended by my words.
Fighting spam is not easy, and can backfire depending on who you hit with
the LART (mailbomb, joe-job)
if you fight spam you have to know who you send the reports to. IOW is the
ISP I'll send my lart to, responsible or is it an innocent bystander?
My (to stop using the you and your) ISP might be a spam-friendly house, and
with your suggestion I would not lart them because I marked them innocent.

  LART = Luser Attitude Readjustment Tool.  It can be used as a noun (in
  which case it's something that hopefully causes the victim to
  re-evaluate their opinions by means of a short sharp shock) or a verb
  (in which case it means to apply a short sharp shock).  Most often used
  as a euphemism for sending complaints to an ISP, as in "I've just
  LART-ed that spammer".

  One example of a Luser Attitude Readjustment Tool is a mallet (a hammer
  with a big wooden head), which is metaphorically used on a spammer's
  genitals when his account is cancelled.  In male spammers the result of
  this manner of LART-ing is sometimes described as "testicular
  malletosis".

  Another example is a "clue-by-four"; a large wooden board (or baseball
  bat) with which spammers (or just those in urgent need of re-education)
  are metaphorically whacked.


Robi "no offense, but look who you lart"


_______________________________________________
SpamCop-Help mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://news.spamcop.net/mailman/listinfo/spamcop-help

Reply via email to