On Fri, 20 Apr 2001 02:14:02 GMT, vaneselk wrote:


>I just signed up for a SpamCop account, configured it and did the confirmation thing. 
> 
>I was trying to set up my account so I could see what was happening before fully 
>activating everything. 
> Then I sent my self a couple of test messages.  After 8 or so minutes the mail was 
>picked up and removed from my POP3 server,
> but now I cannot find it.  I've looked at "held email", "past reports" and 
>pop.spamcop.net.  Nada.
>
>Have I got something wrong or is there a server problem?
>
>Here's my account's options:
>
>  General Options
>    Replies to spam reports - Just hold replies here
>    Sender release - Disable
>    Smart Filtering - Block none
>    Easy Spam Reporting - Modify email
>
>  Sender Database - I put in one sender (a listServer that I want to make sure I get 
>my mail from--where I learned about SpamCop, btw)
>
>  Poll Servers - I put my POP3 server in, but took it out again 'til I find out 
>what's going on.
>
>  Advanced Options - no changes to defaults
>
>I've gone through FAQ's and "help & feedback" as best I could.  Any help would be 
>appreciated.
>
>How long does it take from the time mail is picked up from a POP3 account
> until it appears on pop.spamcop.net or in the reports or somewhere?  (It's been over 
>an hour, now.)
>

Personally I would not recommend using a POP3 account just have SpamCop
*forward* your mail *if* set up right should work fine

**************How I have my account setup*****************

Go to "preferences" click "setup wizard"

fill box in of name you wish "Bladdy Smartfarst" to use click "submit"

select "block all mail not specifically authorized" click submit

select "forward email to another account" click submit

In box provided put in *YOUR* secret email address  click submit

then you should see advice

"Confirmation email has been sent. Please check your mail to complete
confirmation. You must retrieve this confirmation email and respond to
it for your account to be activated. "

wait a few moments check your email to arrive

which should have message

"Please confirm email delivery for:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

To confirm this delivery option, click here"
http://members.spamcop.net/secret_mumbo/jumbo_

Or send email to:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]


******************Your account is now setup***************************

You need to check your members spamcop web page often (make it your browsers
startup page) for a while to white list those you have forgotten to add
manually or sender has not clicked the spamcop autoack (which you can turn
off, I do not) to check if reply address is valid

after 7 days messages held here will be deleted automatically

to add addresses to your white list
go to "preferences" again

Click "Edit Senders Database "
in Authorize Senders 
add addresses or even domain names of persons mail lists that are
likely to post to this address

There are other option's here also use them wisely

I may have been lucky but this setup for me has not faltered in over 2
years of use


[Also sent via email]
Petzl
yes there is a THEM/US/WE Virginia, apparently I am not one 
_______________________________________________
SpamCop-Help mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://news.spamcop.net/mailman/listinfo/spamcop-help

Reply via email to