>                             [SC-Help] spam email
>   From: "Damm, Katja" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>this morning i found a "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" mail on my email account at
>work. do you can tell me what happens now?

It's not a spam; it's a virus.

If you didn't open the attachment, nothing will happen.  If you did, then
you may have caught a virus.

This is one of those moronic self-replicating things, like the better known
I-Love-You and Anna-Kornikova thingies that were going around a while back.

If your computer is infected, you'll probably (without knowing it) send out
more copies of the stupid thing to other victims.

When I get one, I try to report it to the ISP it came from.  I ask the ISP
to contact the user and let him know that his computer has been compromised
by a virus.

Reporting via SpamCop is not suitable in this case, although SC's host
tracker could help you find a reporting address for the sender's ISP.

_______________________________________________
SpamCop-Help mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://news.spamcop.net/mailman/listinfo/spamcop-help

Reply via email to