<< Certainly opt-in can be spam. The sender may have lied. Someone else
may have added your address to the form. Unless the email address is
confirmed prior to adding it to the database, opt-in is completely
insecure and susceptible to large amounts of abuse. >>
I meant opt-in that you actually opted in to. I've gotten plenty of spam
where they claimed I opted into but know I didn't. I mean if you
purposely and knowingly signed up for it it's not spam.
<< Consider too what happens with ISP churn. What happens when you get
an email address that's previously been used? How do you get off the
mailing lists you've inherited? >>
Those would be spam. If they seemed like legitimate companies I would
try to unsubscribe once or twice but if it didn't work they would be
spam and get reported.
_______________________________________________
SpamCop-Help mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://news.spamcop.net/mailman/listinfo/spamcop-help