<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> Folks,
>
> I got a very suspicious looking message this morning about my mail.com
> account which claimed to be from mail.com support but actually originated
in Hong Kong. Now I seem to be locked out.
>
> I suspect there is hacking for spamming purposes going on here.
>
> Can anyone who can confirm / deny my fears or knows the best action to
take please get in touch via email.
don't know anything about the specific circumstances you describe...
i do know that the company formerly known as mail.com have sold mail.com to
someone else (and also renamed themselves for obvious reasons)... the new
operation have been moving servers around, sending out probe messages to
check if forwarding accounts are still working, and have also opened up some
open relays...
i'd imagine your problems are just a result of a screw up while reorganising
things, but i'm not sure...
michael
_______________________________________________
SpamCop-Help mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://news.spamcop.net/mailman/listinfo/spamcop-help