At 8:26 AM +0200 5/5/01, Philip Newton wrote:
>Hi, I sent myself an email containing an address in a domain where I am the
>abuse contact listed with abuse.net and pasted that into SpamCop to generate a
>spam report (two, actually, since I have two email addresses listed as
>contact).
>
>However, when I tried to reply to that report
>([EMAIL PROTECTED]), I
>always get "relaying denied". The first time, I also got the reason "IP name
>lookup failed", which may be true (since my shell account machine's IP has no
>reverse DNS -- flaky web hoster), but shouldn't be a reason to bounce a reply
>IMO; the other attempts, from various sources, still got "relaying denied".
>
>How is an ISP supposed to react to a report if replies bounce?


This is a "me, too" post.  I received a "relaying denied" this morning when
I tried to reply to a report.  Perhaps this is the strategy of only one
entity or some other problem that is more widespread.  Any suggestions on
how to handle?
_______________________________________________
SpamCop-Help mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://news.spamcop.net/mailman/listinfo/spamcop-help

Reply via email to