My server is being hit hard by a continuous (four days now) apparent 
relay attempt, as represented by the following meesage log entries:

<22>May  7 05:00:03 sendmail[76646]: FAA76646: 
from=<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, size=0, class=0, pri=0, nrcpts=0, 
proto=SMTP, relay=gateinet.lsvimperk.cz [212.20.74.198]
<21>May  7 05:00:05 sendmail[76654]: FAA76654: ruleset=check_mail, 
arg1=<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, relay=gateinet.lsvimperk.cz 
[212.20.74.198], reject=551 We don't accept mail from this 
hostname/address

The relay is being blocked, but my messages log is growing at a 
prodigious rate (roughly 1k per second).  I have set a crontab to 
delete the log every hour so that my server is not overwhelmed by the 
file itself, but I would sure like to stop the attack.

I have emailed both myrealbox.com (though I would imagine jack484 is 
a forgery) and also lsvimperk.cz. No response yet from either. I have 
also added lsvimperk.cz to my spammers list.

Is there anything else I can do? Can I configure sendmail to not log 
this stuff?

Matt
_______________________________________________
SpamCop-Help mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://news.spamcop.net/mailman/listinfo/spamcop-help

Reply via email to