From: spamdyke-users-boun...@spamdyke.org
[mailto:spamdyke-users-boun...@spamdyke.org] On Behalf Of Eric Shubert
Sent: 26 August 2009 15:13
To: spamdyke-users@spamdyke.org
Subject: Re: [spamdyke-users] newbie question - please bear with me - some
Spam getting through

Christoph Kuhle (Expat Email Ltd) wrote:

> Separately, I do notice a small but sufficiently significant number of
> genuine emails which get rejected with no reverse DNS.  Should we be happy
> to put email addresses on the white list, or is that dangerous with
Spammers
> being able to get through if they purport to be that address?  Up to now,
we
> have just passed on the maillog entry on so that they can check it out
with
> their own hosting company.

This is what I do, whitelist and notify the sending server's admin.

It'd be nice if there was a spamdyke tool that would allow one to easily
re-check an IP address to see if their server has subsequently been
fixed, as an aid in keeping the whitelist clean. Sort of a "if a certain
IP address were to send an email to my server, would spamdyke reject
it?" tool. What do you think, Sam?

--
-Eric 'shubes'