On Tue, 04 Nov 2014 08:05:22 -0700, BC wrote:
> At the suggestion of others here, I turned OFF greylisting last year,
> after having used it for years before that.  My spam level didn't
> increase one bit.  I think the RBL sites are pretty good at
> identifying spam originations, so I use thatmethod now.

Hi BC, thanks for the reply. Do you have a link to that discussion you had? I'd
like to know how y'all value greylisting in today's internet climate.

I installed spamdyke at the same time as enabling several other spamassasin
network rules. The result is, our users are seeing far less spam. But with all
the changes, it's hard to say what is providing the most benefit (and what
isn't). We were using rblsmtpd before, so the blocklists aren't a new aspect.

Perhaps I'lll leave greylisting enabled for another week, then turn it off and
go another week and compare the metrics.

Quinn