Dear TPP Users,

Last year many of you were kind enough to write excellent letters of
support for our grant application to maintain funding for the
Trans-Proteomic Pipeline. While this grant is still under review, we
have been strongly encouraged to apply for funding for the TPP through
the "Grand Opportunities" (RC2) call (under the NIGMS "hardening" of
software area) and we need your help to convince the reviewers that
the TPP is a widely used tool in both academic and commercial
environments.

As this grant is part of the Recovery Act we need to show both that
the TPP helps to propel science, and enables the economy.  A letter
from you as a TPP user and consumer of open proteomics formats and
software, will have a significant effect on whether or not we receive
additional funding for the maintenance and continued enhancement of
the software suite.  If you use the TPP in your research or as part of
a commercial bundle we are asking you to help us demonstrate the
usefulness of this product to the proteomics community.

If you are interested and willing to offer a signed letter of support,
we can help you by providing a draft letter for you to edit and/or a
summary of what we intend to do with the TPP through this grant.

Time is short for this call, however.  If you are able to help us,
please email us immediately at skillco...@systemsbiology.org as we
need letters by Monday, May 18th

Thank you very much for your continued support!

-- SPC Tools Team