- For example, assuming  I searched a Uniprot human database with the
   mgf file in (from the Compomics tutorial)
   - https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4sW8rLWPbRydlFNWEthX1hLUEk/view
   - using MS-GF+, and I  transformed the mzid file into a pepXML using:

idconvert qExactive01819.msgf.mzid --pepXML -v -o .

obtained a qExactive01819.pepXML file

what would be the command line I need to analyse the file as stated in
http://tools.proteomecenter.org/wiki/index.php?title=Tutorial:StPeter1?
Prior to using PeptideProphet, I placed the decoy label as a prefix,
instead of a suffix as SearchGUI does, using this sed command

   sed 's/|\(\w*\)_REVERSED|/|REVERSED_\1|/'  qExactive01819.pepXML >
   qExactive01819_prefix.pepXML
   -
   - then, if I try to run PeptideProphetParser on this file with the flags
   I infered from the tutorial:
   -
   PeptideProphetParser qExactive01819_prefix.pepXML  ZERO ACCMASS YES
   EXPECTSCORE YES DECOY=REVERSED_ NONPARAM YES DECOYPROBS
   -
   - I get this output

using Accurate Mass Bins
Using Decoy Label "REVERSED_".
Decoy Probabilities will be reported.
Using non-parametric distributions
 (MS-GF+) (minprob 0)
WARNING: Support of MSGF+ may not be full.  There exist known issues with
the way MSGF+ encodes certain modifications in pep.xml that may not be
correct. Also, high-scoring DECOY have been observed in MSGF+ analysis.  The
user is encouraged to be vigilant in comparing model estimated error-rates
to the DECOY-estimated error-rates to make sure the two agree and set
CLEVEL parameter accordingly: see http:
//tools.proteomecenter.org/wiki/index.php?title=TPP:Frequently_Asked_Questions#What_is_CLEVEL_and_when_do_I_use_it.3F
adding ACCMASS mixture distribution
init with MS-GF+ Trypsin
MS Instrument info: Manufacturer: UNKNOWN, Model: UNKNOWN, Ionization:
UNKNOWN, Analyzer: UNKNOWN, Detector: UNKNOWN

INFO: Processing standard MixtureModel ...
 PeptideProphet  (TPP v5.1.0 Syzygy, Build 201804301819-exported (Linux-
x86_64)) AKeller@ISB
 read in 5 1+, 5355 2+, 2108 3+, 1057 4+, 0 5+, 0 6+, and 0 7+ spectra.
Initialising statistical models ...
Found 769 Decoys, and 7756 Non-Decoys
PeptideProphetParser: /nfs/home/aoj/opt/tpp/tpp/src/Validation/Distribution/
DiscreteDistribution.cpp:91: virtual double DiscreteDistribution::getProb(
int): Assertion `val >= 0 && val < num_bins_' failed.
Iterations: Aborted (core dumped)

   - I will soon try with Comet.

Best

Antonio