Hi All,

I have 2 questions I'd be grateful if people could help answer:

1)
Is it valid to combine multiple iprophet.pep.xml files by passing through
iprophet for a second time? - alternatively, is it valid to combine a
single iprophet.pep.xml file with interact.pep.xml files in iprophet?

I am trying to combine a lot of different experiments / search engines
results etc, and have been combining in iprophet - but I appear to have
maxed out the number interact.pep.xml files to pass into iprophet. Beyond a
certain number of files (doesn't appear to be file-specific), iProphet
fails. As a workaround, I wondered if I could simply run half of the files
through iProphet, then combine the resulting file with the remaining files
to be run, by running iprophet again prior to running protein prophet. -
Would this be valid?

2)
I attended a TPP course last year in which the course notes stated that NSP
should be switched off in iProphet, if NSP model is to be used in protein
prophet.

I am using petunia (running protein prophet on the iprophet results), and I
cannot see a NSP option in the protein prophet parameters. Does this mean
that NSP is not being used when I run protein prophet? ... (i.e. am I ok to
leave NSP on in iProphet?)

Thanks
Pete