Dear David,

So after a long troubleshooting process with msConvert and Waters team as
well as testing it by myself, I found the best way to convert Waters.raw
files is to use this Waters proprietary software
https://microapps.on-demand.waters.com/home/showmarkdown/data-as-a-product to
convert Waters file to mzML (convert to 32 bit). Alternatively, one could
convert the file with msConvert GUI (the actual software, not the one
embedded in TPP), with only the settings "write index" and "TPP compatible"
checked, convert to mzML 32-bit (mzXML 32-bit for Maxquant compatibility),
and most importantly, exclude the negative values (which are EMR spectra
from UV or PDA detector inline with the system) by adding a subset filter
for MS-Level "1-", which allows the mz(X)ML to keep only MS1 and MS2 data.
Thanks for your help!

Best,
Alex