All,

Hopefully you have seen the email from the Linux Foundation on the our mailing
list migration which will occur tomorrow, June 13th. You can get an overview of
the new feature's
here<https://spdx.org/sites/cpstandard/files/pages/files/what_is_groups.io_quick_feature_guide.pdf>.
 I have re-printed the email from the LF below which has some specifics about
the move, who to contact if you have issues and general information on what
Groups.io is.

There should be no impact for the general, technical and legal lists. The
business list will change its name to outreach to complete the name change we
did earlier. Other than that the migration should be seamless for you.

In addition to the above, whenever anyone signs up for the technical, legal or
outreach lists they will be added to the general list (spdx) automatically
which will become our main announcement only list (which is how it works
today). This means, as part of the migration, if you were not subscribed to the
general list you will be. This is a VERY low volume list used only for general
announcement's.

Should you run into any difficulties with the new list after the 13th use the
assistance email in the mail below. Should you wish to explore using any of the
new integration features of Groups.io please discuss that within the relevant
team for which it applies. Also, we may send one test email to each mailing
list after the transition which can be deleted by you.

Again, there should be no action required by you as part of this move.

Best regards,

Jack Manbeck

LF email:

<<<<

Greetings SPDX community!

The Linux Foundation has connected with a new vendor called
Groups.io<http://groups.io/>, which provides mailing list services in a simple
but modern interface. Groups.io<http://groups.io/> offers all of the
capabilities of our existing Mailman mailing service plus additional community
tools that make it an exceptional service solution.

We are planning to migrate your existing mailing list archives and user lists
to Groups.io<http://groups.io/> on Wednesday June 13th starting at 9:30am PST.

The migration will include details on subscriber preferences and owner or
moderator privileges.

Owners and Moderators: Please be aware pending memberships or posts (and
similar pending moderation actions) in Mailman will not be preserved in this
migration. We recommend re-checking for any such pending decisions and taking
action on them within Mailman one hour prior to the start of the migration
window.

During the migration window you will still be able to access the archives,
however the delivery of messages sent to the mailing lists during this window
will be delayed until after the migration of the archives and list members are
complete. We will turn off new list signups during the migration window, then
this functionality will be restored once it is complete.

FAQs

What are the key differences between Mailman and Groups.io?<http://groups.io/>
*        Groups.io<http://groups.io/> has a modern interface, robust user
security model, and interactive, searchable archives
*        Groups.io<http://groups.io/> provides advanced features including
muting threads and integrations with modern tools like GitHub, Slack, and Trello
*        Groups.io<http://groups.io/> also has optional extras like a shared
calendar, polling, chat, a wiki, and more
*        Groups.io<http://groups.io/> uses a concept of subgroups, where
members first join the project "group" (a master list, normally called "main"),
then they choose the specific "subgroup" lists they want to subscribe to

How do the costs compare?

The Linux Foundation can provide project-branded Groups.io<http://groups.io/>
accounts to projects for less cost than managing our in-house Mailman systems.

How is the experience different for me as a list moderator or participant?

In many ways, it is very much the same. You will still find the main group at
your existing URL and sub-groups equate to the more focused mailing lists based
on the community's needs. Here is an example of main group and sub-group URL
patterns, and their respective emails:

https://lists.projectname.org/g/main

https://lists.projectname.org/g/devs

https://lists.projectname.org/g/ci

m...@lists.projectname.org<mailto:m...@lists.projectname.org>

d...@lists.projectname.org<mailto:d...@lists.projectname.org>

c...@lists.projectname.org<mailto:c...@lists.projectname.org>

What is different is Groups.io<http://groups.io/>'s simple but highly
functional UI that will make the experience of moderating or participating in
the community discussions more enjoyable.

Where do I find the settings and owner/moderator tools?

If you'd like to learn more about using Groups.io<http://groups.io/> , please
reference their help documentation<https://groups.io/static/help>. If you need
assistance with Groups.io<http://groups.io/>, please email
helpd...@rt.linuxfoundation.org<mailto:helpd...@rt.linuxfoundation.org> for The