Hi Bob,

Yes, this is an issue!  In looking more closely at the Ruby license, we also
realized that the text has varied over the years as well.  (see some of
discussion captured here:
http://wiki.spdx.org/view/Legal_Team/Minutes/2013-09-12 )  The solution for
v1.19 (released last month) of the SPDX License List was to remove the Ruby
license and sort out how to best represent it by collaborating with the Ruby
project and then put it back on the list for the next license list release with
a more accurate representation.  As it was, it felt like the SPDX short
identifier was only adding to or at least, perpetuating confusion, which is not
optimal.  This is the first time we have removed a license, which admittedly
felt a bit draconian, but only with the goal of capturing the license
variations in a way that makes more sense.

Hope that helps (for now).

Cheers,

Jilayne

SPDX Legal Team lead