I was looking at the next set of Fedora licenses to review.  I did a bit of
research on the Crystal Stacker license, which was too much to include in the
comments cell of the spreadsheet.  Upon downloading v1.5 of the project (from
here: http://www.t3-i.com/pages/project.php?id=crystal_stacker) I found that
the license listed on Fedora's site does not match (exactly) what is included
in the download.  In addition, there appears to be two variations in the
download - one for the source code and one generally.  While they are
essentially the same in terms of compliance efforts, the text is not the same.
I've included the text of what I found in the download, including the path and
filenames (2 files have the same name, but are different) and a summary below
with suggested resolution.

--> from: Fedora site:

Crystal Stacker is freeware.
This means you can pass copies around freely provided you include this document
in it's original form in your distribution.
Please see the "Contacting Us" section of this document if you need to contact
us for any reason.

The source code is provided as-is and you may do with it whatsoever you please
provided that you include this file in its unmodified form with any new
distribution. NewCreature Design makes no gaurantees regarding the usability of
the source but are willing to help with any problems you might run into. Please
see the "Contacting Us" section of this document if you need to get in touch
with us about any issues you have regarding the source.

1 --> from: crystal_stacker-1.5-src/cs/readme.txt

Crystal Stacker (c) 2006 NewCreature Design
Crystal Stacker is freeware.
This means you can pass copies around freely provided you include this document
in it's original form in your distribution.
Please see the "Contacting Us" section of this document if you need to contact
us for any reason.

Disclaimer
----------
NewCreature Design makes no guarantees regarding the Crystal Stacker software.
We are not responsible for damages caused by it, though the software is not
known to cause any problems.
If you have trouble with the software, see the "Contacting Us" section of this
document.

2 --> crystal_stacker-1.5-src/ce/ce.txt

Crystal Edit (c) 2006 NewCreature Design
Crystal Edit is freeware.
This means you can pass copies around freely provided you include this document
in it's original form in your distribution.
Please see the "Contacting Us" section of this document if you need to contact
us for any reason.

Disclaimer
----------
NewCreature Design makes no guarantees regarding the Crystal Edit software.
We are not responsible for damages caused by it, though the software is not
known to cause any problems.
If you have trouble with the software, see the "Contacting Us" section of this
document.

3 --> from: crystal_stacker-1.5-src/cs/source.txt

Crystal Stacker Source (c) 2006 NewCreature Design
License
-------
The source code is provided as-is and you may do with it whatsoever you please
provided that you include this file in its unmodified form with any new distri-
bution.
NewCreature Design makes no gaurantees regarding the usability of the source
but are willing to help with any problems you might run into.
Please see the "Contacting Us" section of this document if you need to get in
touch with us about any issues you have regarding the source.

4 --> crystal_stacker-1.5-src/ce/readme.txt

Crystal Edit Source (c) 2006 NewCreature Design
License
-------
The source code is provided as-is and you may do with it whatsoever you please
provided that you include this file in its unmodified form with any new distri-
bution.
NewCreature Design makes no gaurantees regarding the usability of the source
but are willing to help with any problems you might run into.
Please see the "Contacting Us" section of this document if you need to get in
touch with us about any issues you have regarding the source.

---------

SUMMARY:
- The download has two main directories: "ce" and "cs" - which I presume
correlates to Crystal Stacker and Crystal Edit
- Although the .txt file naming in each directory is not consistent, each
contains two different licenses - i.e. 1 and 3 in the "cs" directory; 2 and 4
in the "ce" directory
- 1 and 2 are the same save for the project name (which can be accommodated via
the licensing matching template) and very close to what Fedora has on their
site, but not exactly.  I did not download older versions, but judging from the
history.txt file, I would guess that the license Fedora has is from an earlier
version and the slight changes were made for v1.5 of the distribution.
- 3 and 4 are identical (including spelling error) and seem to apply to the
source code specifically, as they are both named "Crystal Stacker/Edit Source"

Recommendation:
- Add 1 and 2 as one entry on SPDX-LL and sync to "Crystal Stacker License" on
Fedora list
- Add 3/4 on SPDX-LL and name, "Crystal Stacker Source License"
- for short identifiers, Fedora uses, "Crystal Stacker" - a little long, but
for consistency, we might as well use the same.  However, then for the second
license, it would be "Crystal Stacker Source" ? that seems way too long…
thoughts?

- Jilayne
SPDX Legal Team lead
lovejoyl...@gmail.com