Hi Tech Team,

For the pre-release of 2.0, the legal team will have the license exceptions
added to the SPDX License List.  The current plan is to be conservative on the
initial release, only adding those exceptions that were on the previous version
of the license list; with acknowledgment that we need to add more and have had
requests as such.  We have a longer list in the queue with some prioritization
for the next release, etc.

Now that we have decided on the pre-release and official release schedule, we
thought this might provide an opportunity to add more exceptions for the
official release in Feb than the initial “conservative” allotment.  The idea
being, that given this schedule and the opportunity for testing during the
pre-release time frame, we’ll have an opportunity to find out if anything
“breaks” with the new license expression syntax (including the WITH operator
for exceptions) and then, if all looks good, can add more exceptions (which is
the end goal) sooner than later.

Please let us know if there is any reason from the technical side of things not
to do this or consider not doing this.

Thanks,
Jilayne

SPDX Legal Team co-lead