On Thu, Feb 23, 2017 at 10:41:50AM -0700, J Lovejoy wrote:
> The license exceptions have an “extra” field that we don’t use for
> the licenses, which is “Example of Use”. I think this is from info
> we captured when collecting exceptions to add to the list.

Potentially more useful information would be a link to the list thread
where the license/exception was proposed.  We should have that for all
licenses/exceptions, because it's part of the new-license/exception
workflow [1] (for example, see [2]).  That would capture the
information from the initial request, including “identifying at least
one program that uses this license” [1], and also capture as much of
the acceptance discussion as was recorded in the list thread.

I'm not sure how long that policy has been in place; if there are a
significant number of licenses/exceptions without a proposal on the
mailing list, then maybe just a URL pointing at the proposal (wherever
it happens to live)?

Cheers,
Trevor

[1]: https://spdx.org/spdx-license-list/request-new-license