From: Wheeler, David A [mailto:dwhee...@ida.org]
Sent: Wednesday, August 09, 2017 1:27 PM
To: Richard Fontana <font...@opensource.org>
Cc: J Lovejoy <opensou...@jilayne.com>; Smith, McCoy <mccoy.sm...@intel.com>;
SPDX-legal <spdx-legal@lists.spdx.org>
Subject: RE: Your license: full name and identifier - BSD-2-Clause-Patent?

> From: Richard Fontana [mailto:font...@opensource.org]
> BSD+Patent is not the React license. React uses the 3-clause BSD
> license along with a patent license grant with some termination
> language in a separate file:
> https://github.com/facebook/react/blob/master/PATENTS (which has been
> controversial, in part because the scope of the termination is broader
> than what's seen in post-early-2000s open source licenses).
>
> BSD+Patent is based on 2-clause BSD along with a patent license grant
> that is influenced by language in the Apache License 2.0 and EPL 1.0,
> and it has no termination language.

Ah!  Thanks so much for the clarification.

In that case, what *is* the SPDX license id or expression for the license used
by many widely-used Facebook projects, including React.js?  If there isn't one,
we need one ASAP.  It's widely-used *AND* subject to a lot of controversy, so a
lot of people (including me!) want to know what to look for...!

--- David A. Wheeler