On Wed, Sep 27, 2017 at 11:30:21PM -0400, John Sullivan wrote:
> Wary of confusion here. There is a license called the GNU Verbatim
> Copying License, see:
> <https://www.gnu.org/licenses/license-list.html#GNUVerbatim>
>
> Its text is: "Verbatim copying and distribution of this entire article
> are permitted worldwide, without royalty, in any medium, provided this
> notice is preserved."

Ah.  I'd only seen that text under the ‘VerbatimCopying’ tag in [1].

> The notice you are pointing to in your footnotes is: "Everyone is
> permitted to copy and distribute verbatim copies of this license
> document, but changing it is not allowed."

Yeah, which is different (as discussed in my initial post to this
thread).  With the FSF already using both VerbatimCopying and
GNUVerbatim for [1], perhaps GPLVerbatim would be a better choice for
“Everyone is permitted to copy…”.

Cheers,
Trevor

[1]: https://www.gnu.org/licenses/licenses.html#VerbatimCopying