On Thu, Dec 21, 2017 at 11:44:44PM -0700, J Lovejoy wrote:
> A handful of us have been working away on the 3.0 release of the
> SPDX License List.

I think this can be a 2.7 release, with 3.0 to follow if/when some
currently-deprecated identifiers are finally dropped.  Are there any
breaking changes being made?  The spreadsheet → XML transition is big,
but shouldn't impact most downstream consumers (was the spreadsheet
format ever described as a stable, authoritative list API?).  We don't
explicitly claim Semantic Versioning [1] for the list, but I don't
want to startle consumers with a major version bump if we don't expect
major consumer-side changes.

Is there a 2.7 vs. 3.0 discussion somewhere where I can read up on the
existing discussion?  Or is this email the beginning of that
discussion?

Cheers,
Trevor

[1]: https://semver.org/