Hello guys;

After internal discussion FreeBSD has decided to further simplify the license by dropping the "All Rights Reserved." line from the license used in FreeBSD. IANAL but it appears from the Berne Covention onwards, the line was deemed unnecessary.

Some authors have already done the change unilaterally and the FreeBSD documentation has been updated so in the future the change will be included in new files. I am unsure how you want to handle the change in SPDX; at the time we are considering the "new" license equivalent and we shall continue tag it as "BSD-2-Clause-FreeBSD".

Can you kindly update this page:

https://spdx.org/licenses/BSD-2-Clause-FreeBSD.html

Also, while here, let me note that the last line is not part of the license:

The views and conclusions contained in the software and documentation are those of the authors and should not be interpreted as representing official policies, either expressed or implied, of the FreeBSD Project.
It is just a footer used by the FreeBSD documentation project.

Best regards,

Pedro.