Thanks Sally, really interesting. I've created an issue here[1] where the
SPDX legal team will assess the license, but in order to best make that
assessment, we have a few questions in the meantime:

1. Can you point us to some examples of projects or works that are using
this license? We try to represent open-source software as it is actually
used "in the wild," so usage in a project is a requirement for being added
to the SPDX License List.

2. Would it be possible for CAL to add a version number to this license?
There may come a time where you wish to revise it and release an updated
license text, and that is a lot more straightforward if you are going from
CAL-1.0 to CAL-1.1 or CAL-2.0. We look to the license author to specify
their versioning and to be transparent when changes are made to the text by
bumping the version number.

3. Do you have any objection to our labeling and titling the license CAL
instead of +CAL? The + character has a special meaning in SPDX license
expressions, and is not allowed in SPDX IDs.

4. Please let us know what OSI says after its review.

Thank you for your submission, and please check or follow the Github issue
for progress on this license request.

Best,

Brad Edmondson
SPDX Legal Team Volunteer