Hi, Sam,

Thanks for your reply - I think this covers the use case.

About the validity of license combinations: The safest way is to have a
whitelist with allowed licenses, listing also the kind of linkage and product.
(That's how we're handling it at our company, although not yet fully automated.)

As a side note, the OSADL community tries to create machine readable
interpretations of OSS licenses:

https://www.osadl.org/Open-Source-License-Checklists.oss-compliance-lists.0.html

However, I'm not sure how far they got yet.

Best regards

Markus Schaber

CODESYS® a trademark of 3S-Smart Software Solutions GmbH

Inspiring Automation Solutions

3S-Smart Software Solutions GmbH
Dipl.-Inf. Markus Schaber | Product Development Core Technology
Memminger Str. 151 | 87439 Kempten | Germany
Tel. +49-831-54031-979 | Fax +49-831-54031-50

E-Mail: m.scha...@codesys.com | Web: http://www.codesys.com | CODESYS store:
http://store.codesys.com
CODESYS forum: http://forum.codesys.com

Managing Directors: Dipl.Inf. Dieter Hess, Dipl.Inf. Manfred Werner | Trade
register: Kempten HRB 6186 | Tax ID No.: DE 167014915

not the intended recipient (or have received
this e-mail in error) please notify the sender immediately and destroy this
e-mail. Any unauthorised copying, disclosure
or distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.