Greetings all,

Below is information on the follow-up meetings regarding license namespaces.
Please mark your calendars if you are interested in attending - I will not
be sending out any calendar invites.

I copied the minutes from our last call to the github repo:
https://github.com/spdx/meetings/blob/main/joint/2022-06-17.md.  The policy
discussion is captured in this Google doc:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1DU8oDW_DeGEkU8PQLdqp67HGwwTueCzjh02Y6OF1
eQQ/edit#heading=h.neu95tojxpgj

One of the key decisions from the last meeting is that we will require
registered DNS domains for the external license namespaces.

There's still some work on remaining on the policy, so please feel free to
continue the discussion through comments and suggestions in the Google Doc
before the next meeting.

It's been a bit of a challenge to schedule the follow-up meetings, so we're
going to change the order of the discussions based on availability of those
leading the discussions.

We'll have a call limited to the namespace syntax immediately following the
tech team call on Tuesday (10:30 AM Pacific Time, 17:30 GMT 28 June 2022)
led by Alexios.  Please review the current proposed syntaxes in the GitHub
Pull Request: https://github.com/spdx/spdx-spec/pull/681

We will have a separate call to complete the policy discussions on Friday at
the usual time (8:00 AM Pacific, 15:00 GMT 1 July 2022) led by the legal
team (Steve and/or Jilayne).

Both meetings will just the JITSI coordinates:

<https://www.google.com/url?q=https://meet.jit.si/SPDXLegalMeeting&sa=D&sour
ce=calendar&usd=2&usg=AOvVaw1TC-8CRycE4-PwNqVo2W8X>
https://meet.jit.si/SPDXLegalMeeting

Dial-in: +1.512.647.1431 PIN: 3275 0470 68#

If any policy decisions impact the syntax, we will revisit the syntax after
the policy discussion on Friday.

Let me know if you have any questions or concerns with the follow-up
meetings or agendas.

Thanks,
Gary

Gary O'Neall

Principal Consultant

Source Auditor Inc.

Mobile: 408.805.0586

Email:  <mailto:g...@sourceauditor.com> g...@sourceauditor.com

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE: The information transmitted, including attachments, is
intended only for the person(s) or entity to which it is addressed and may
re-transmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in
contact the sender and destroy any copies of this information.