I submitted the following issue to add a "license" identifier that
could be used in this situation:
https://github.com/spdx/license-list-XML/issues/2294
(as a LicenseRef- this is already being used in the Fedora project).

I think the problem with the Public Domain Mark is that it's not a
license-like "text", so not something that SPDX could represent in its
license list or even properly something that could be represented by a
LicenseRef-.

Richard