On Mon, Nov 2, 2015 at 7:02 PM, Gary O'Neall <g...@sourceauditor.com> wrote:
> In the 2.0 spec, the + is a unary operator with a specific meaning
> (see Appendix IV of the 2.0 spec "Simple License Expressions" subsection
> page 82).  If we are to use it as an operator with License Ref's, it would
> be difficult for a parser to determine when it is part of a reference string
> and when it is intended as an operator.

This + is a suffix and not a freestanding character, right?
So "GPL-2.0+" is valid but "GPL-2.0    +" would not be valid?
In this case there would be no issue to have a plus as part of a licenseref:
there is no possible ambiguity.

Then again we would be better off to get rid of the plus entirely!

--
Cordially
Philippe Ombredanne