Hi Mentors,

Thanks for all your feed-backs and comments on the document I put out last
week. I am working on updating it in response to all the comments and
feed-backs.

As of the moment, I have setup a git repository for the project with the
basic framework to start building on. Started work on three of the modules
i.e. the "SPDX Scanner", "Source File Checker" and "Source File Validator"
modules.
You must have noticed that in my design I haven't mentioned anything about
Unit Testing. Philippe had that spot-on. So I'm definitely looking to add
that in the coming days.

Also I having been having some solid discussions with Kate and Philippe on
whether to consider using cloc <https://github.com/AlDanial/cloc> or
scancode <https://github.com/nexB/scancode-toolkit> to in accomplishing the
first phase of the project. Outcome of these discussions suggest that it
would be simpler using cloc <https://github.com/AlDanial/cloc> and its JSON
output. Since with scancode I will have to implement code counting tools
inside scancode before leveraging it.

All will be bringing you more updates as I process with the work this week.

Best Regards

Krys Nuvadga

--
krys Nuvadga