Congratulations Mark, this looks great!

Cheers,

Jeremiah

On Mon, 2017-10-23 at 04:00 +0000, Gisi, Mark wrote:
In 2016 we explored how the benefits  of the Blockchain could be leveraged to
assist with open source compliance across a complex manufacturing supply chain
[1]. Our interest was sparked after witnessing a group of customers struggling
to coordinate/consolidate open source compliance artifacts during the
manufacturing of a consumer product.

In February 2017 we presented our findings and announced a new initiative at
the Open Source Leadership Summit. The focus: Utilize SPDX + OpenChain +
Hyperledger Sawtooth to solve the problem. We made the source code available in
July 2017 under the Apache license:
    https://github.com/Wind-River/sparts/blob/master/README.md

Demo Oct 23-25th 2017 in Prague - We will demo the Software Parts Ledger and
its support for a  Software Parts catalog this week at the Open Source Summit
in Prague in the Intel booth (we hope you can stop by if you are around). The
demo includes SPDX and OpenChain components.  It is schedule for Monday
8am-1pm, Tuesday 8am-1pm, Wednesday, 1pm-6pm.

We will be presenting the latest status of this initiative at the Open Source
Compliance Summit in November in Yokohama, Japan:
    Utilizing Blockchain Across The Supply
Chain<https://ocs2017.sched.com/event/CTQe/utilizing-the-blockchain-to-establish-trust-with-the-open-source-used-across-a-supply-chain-mark-gisi-wind-river?iframe=no&w=100%25&sidebar=yes&bg=no>
Asian manufacturers and suppliers have expressed above average interest in this
approach.

This has been and still largely is a grass roots initiative – which is how all
great things begin (including Linux ☺). The project is looking for contributors
who  have a serious interest/pain/stake in solving the problem being addressed
(especially product manufacturers and software supplier organizations).  The
success of any supply chain Blockchain initiative will eventually require heavy
involvement of the supply chain participants (e.g., to host ledger/Blockchain
nodes, contribute requirements, code, documentation and so forth).  We are also
looking for a neutral place/organization to host the project which will also be
important an requirement for its success in the long term.

Reach out to me if you are interested or would like to learn more.

cheers,
Mark

[1]: https://lists.spdx.org/pipermail/spdx-tech/2016-December/003199.html

Mark Gisi | Wind River | Director, IP & Open Source
Tel (510) 749-2016 | Fax (510) 749-4552

This e-mail and any attachment(s) are intended only for the recipient(s) named
above and others who have been specifically authorized to receive them. They
may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient,
please do not read this email or its attachment(s). Furthermore, you are hereby
notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail and any
attachment(s) is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in
error, please immediately notify the sender by replying to this e-mail and then
delete this e-mail and any attachment(s) or copies thereof from your system.
Thank you.