On Thu, Dec 28, 2017 at 10:53:02PM +0100, Philippe Ombredanne wrote:
> You may want to check out ScanCode [1]. Since I use it with top Linux
> maintainers to clarify the kernel licensing and set SPDX ids, it must
> not be too shabby as a license detection engine.  It detects headers
> alright and much more, including EPL headers.

[1] is the ScanCode rule that encodes a header similar to what Thanh
mentions (although ScanCode has some other EPL-1.0 rules as well).
I'm in favor of documenting those standard headers (when they are
recommended by the license steward) in SDPX.

The Eclipse docs at [2] currently recommend EPL-2.0 and, more
importantly for us, an SPDX-License-Identifier entry.  As long as
you're willing to trust that entry, you can skip over the rest of the
header completely.

Cheers,
Trevor

[1]: