Greetings SPDX community!

The Linux Foundation has connected with a new vendor called Groups.io
<http://groups.io/>, which provides mailing list services in a simple but
modern interface. Groups.io <http://groups.io/> offers all of the
capabilities of our existing Mailman mailing service plus additional
community tools that make it an exceptional service solution.

We are planning to migrate your existing mailing list archives and user
lists to Groups.io <http://groups.io/> on Wednesday June 13th starting at
9:30am PST.

The migration will include details on subscriber preferences and owner or
moderator privileges.

Owners and Moderators: Please be aware pending memberships or posts (and
similar pending moderation actions) in Mailman will not be preserved in
this migration. We recommend re-checking for any such pending decisions and
taking action on them within Mailman one hour prior to the start of the
migration window.

During the migration window you will still be able to access the archives,
however the delivery of messages sent to the mailing lists during this
window will be delayed until after the migration of the archives and list
members are complete. We will turn off new list signups during the
migration window, then this functionality will be restored once it is
complete.

*FAQs*

*What are the key differences between Mailman and Groups.io?
<http://groups.io/>*

   - Groups.io <http://groups.io/> has a modern interface, robust user
   security model, and interactive, searchable archives
   - Groups.io <http://groups.io/> provides advanced features including
   muting threads and integrations with modern tools like GitHub, Slack, and
   Trello
   - Groups.io <http://groups.io/> also has optional extras like a shared
   calendar, polling, chat, a wiki, and more
   - Groups.io <http://groups.io/> uses a concept of subgroups, where
   members first join the project “group” (a master list, normally called
   "main"), then they choose the specific “subgroup” lists they want to
   subscribe to

*How do the costs compare?*

The Linux Foundation can provide project-branded Groups.io
<http://groups.io/> accounts to projects for less cost than managing our
in-house Mailman systems.

*How is the experience different for me as a list moderator or participant?*

In many ways, it is very much the same. You will still find the main group
at your existing URL and sub-groups equate to the more focused mailing
lists based on the community’s needs. Here is an example of main group and
sub-group URL patterns, and their respective emails:

https://lists.projectname.org/g/main

https://lists.projectname.org/g/devs

https://lists.projectname.org/g/ci

m...@lists.projectname.org

d...@lists.projectname.org

c...@lists.projectname.org

What is different is Groups.io <http://groups.io/>’s simple but highly
functional UI that will make the experience of moderating or participating
in the community discussions more enjoyable.

*Where do I find the settings and owner/moderator tools?*

To change settings while in a group or subgroup, left click “Admin” from
the side menu.

Then from “Admin” you can select:

   -

   “Settings” to change overall settings for a group, including privacy and
   message policy settings.
   -

   “Members” to manage people within a group, including adjusting their
   role and privileges
   -

   “Pending” to view messages pending moderation

If you’d like to learn more about using Groups.io <http://groups.io/> ,
please reference their help documentation <https://groups.io/static/help>.
If you need assistance with Groups.io <http://groups.io/>, please email
helpd...@rt.linuxfoundation.org for The Linux Foundation’s helpdesk.