Hi Benedicte,

From: Spdx-tech@lists.spdx.org <Spdx-tech@lists.spdx.org> On Behalf Of
Benedicte Presse
Sent: Wednesday, February 21, 2024 6:33 AM
To: spdx-tech@lists.spdx.org
Subject: [spdx-tech] SPDX 3.0

Hi all,

I read some informations about SPDX, and especially that the 3.0 SPDX model
will soon be released (I saw that a release candidate has been publied).

Could you tell me when it will be delivered ?

[G.O.] We just released the RC2 version of the model.  This is the version we
will be taking through the OMG standards process and we expect there will be
some feedback requiring (hopefully minor) changes.  That being said, we would
encourage anyone interested in SPDX 3.0 to start evaluating/using the RC2
version.  This would help provide valuable feedback if you run into any issues.
 Also note that we separate the model from the full spec.  The 3.0-RC2 version
of the spec should be out very soon – within a week or so.  The spec will
provide a more readable version of the model plus various supporting
documentation.  We’ll send out a message on this distribution list once it is
ready.

Will it be possible to migrate from 2.0 to 3.0 ?

[G.O.] Yes – There is a draft document describing the migration from SPDX 2.X
to SPDX 3.0:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-olHRnX1CssUS67Psv_sAq9Vd-pc81HF8MM0hA7M0hg/edit#heading=h.uzojmh0kkl
 – I’m in the process of updating the document for the RC2 release.

Thank in advance for your answer,

Best regards,

Benedicte Presse