This will be a particularly interesting General Meeting. In addition to our
normal team reporting, we will have two special topics:

·         A presentation from Georgia (Zeta) Kapitsaki on her research using
SPDX at the Univ of Cyprus

·         Review of 2017 annual goals for SPDX by the Core Team

GENERAL MEETING

Meeting Time: Thurs, Jan 5, 8am PDT / 10 am CDT / 11am EDT / 15:00 UTC.
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html

Conf call dial-in:
Join the call: https://www.uberconference.com/katestewart
Optional dial in number: 877-297-7470
Alternate number: 512-910-4433
No PIN needed

Administrative Agenda
Attendance
Minutes Approval http://wiki.spdx.org/view/General_Meeting/Minutes/2016-12-01

Special Presentation– Georgia (Zeta) Kapitsaki
License compatibilities and relevant tool in the framework of SPDX

Cross Functional Issues – Phil/All
Annual Goals
·         Roll out github-maintainable XML license templates
·         Define and approach to creating notice files from an SPDX doc
·         Develop a web-based license match tool
·         Implement tool to score a project’s licensing quality
·         Gain Apache/Eclipse Foundation adoption
·         Sponsor a Google Summer of Code Project
·         Conduct a supply chain management survey
·         Build “whole product” around the spec—what is required for adoption
·         Deploy existing SPDX group tools on web
·         Develop a github plug-in to generate an SPDX doc

Technical Team Report – Kate/Gary

Legal Team Report – Jilayne/Paul

Business Team Report – Jack

Topic: License compatibilities and relevant tool in the framework of SPDX
Licensing decisions for new Open Source Software are not always
straightforward. However, the license that accompanies the software is
important as it largely affects its subsequent distribution and reuse. License
information for software products is captured - among other data - in the
Software Package Data Exchange (SPDX) files. I will talk briefly about our
research work and our tool for the validation of SPDX files regarding proper
license use. Software packages described in SPDX format are examined in order
to detect license violations that may occur when a  product combines different
software sources that carry different and potentially contradicting licenses.
The SPDX License Validation Tool (SLVT) gives the opportunity to check the
compatibility of one or more SPDX files.

Brief biography:
Assistant Professor at the Department of Computer Science of the University of
Cyprus (UCY) and faculty member of the Software Engineering and Internet
Technologies (SEIT) laboratory in UCY. She received her PhD from the National
Technical University of Athens, Greece (2009). Her research interests include:
software engineering, service-oriented computing, open source software reuse
and privacy enhancing technologies. She has published over 40 papers in
international conferences and journals, has participated in conference
organisation (e.g. ICSR 2016) and has served as a TPC member and referee in
repudiated journals and conferences. She has been involved in EU FP6 and FP7
projects and has worked as a software engineer in the industry.