From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf
Of Dick Hardt
Sent: Thursday, October 05, 2006 9:36 AM
To: Gabe Wachob
Cc: specs@openid.net
Subject: Strong Authencation (was [PROPOSAL] authentication age

The vision I have is that strong authentication to your IdP will be
common in the future.

The strong authentication will be supplied by a vendor that has been
certified to provide standardized levels of authentication. The IdP
will often NOT be the strong auth vendor.

The RP will have a trust relationship with the vendor, likely through
a vendor consortium that delegates to vendors that their product is
certified, ie. the RP will not need to trust each vendor, just the
certification body.

I would hope that OpenID can be extended over time to be able to move
around these types of strong auth assertions.

-- Dick