From: Recordon, David
Sent: Monday, November 06, 2006 2:06 PM
To: 'Dick Hardt'; Josh Hoyt
Subject: RE: IdP's Advertising Both http and https

Hey Dick,
But the security warnings will still exist:
 - RP redirects me to http on IdP
 - IdP redirects me to https on IdP for login page (warning)

no warning on GET redirects

 - I interact with IdP for "trust request" via https
 - I submit HTTPS form
 - IdP redirects me back to RP via http (warning)

not if you do a GET redirect

Am I missing something here?

redirected POSTs produce a warning, redirected GETs do not

I guess I'm not sure what I think we should do, though don't think
this
is a simple problem.

We built this out with our SXIP 2.0 code. Worked fine. No warnings.

-- Dick