Hi Adam

The switch from GET to POST was made so that we were not constrained
by the URL parameter payload limit.

As you point out, HTTP headers can be used for moving messages as
well, but there was no clear mechanism to do that without modifying
all the widely available browsers.

I think REST support is a really useful feature, and have described
how that might happen in the past, but right now we are pretty
focussed on getting browser based auth finalized, and I think the
mechanisms for rich clients will be related, but slightly different.

-- Dick