I get really worried whenever I see such statements. They tend to be the sign
of a long drawn out specification effort rather than a short one.

If you want to change the Internet you have a lot of gatekeepers to convince.
Deciding that you don't have time to do that is usually a mistake.

The key is to understand which parties are really gatekeepers and which are
not. Two gatekeepers that must be convinced here are the security cabal and the
open source community.