The semantics of an identifier arise from its usage.

It is of course entirely possible that someone might configure their system in
such a way that the Kerberos principal [EMAIL PROTECTED] was different from the
person with email address [EMAIL PROTECTED] was different from the person with
Jabber address [EMAIL PROTECTED]

But it is rather unlikely that the party who created this situation would be
unaware of the potential for confusion.

If there is an OpenID identifier [EMAIL PROTECTED] there may or may not be an
SMTP server willing to accept mail for that address. If there is such a server
the domain name owner should be expected to understand the consequences of the
identifiers mapping to different principals and take whatever steps are felt
necessary to ensure this.