More likely that the people promoting OpenID to large organizations are
vendors and don't particularly want to tell their competitors what they are
doing.

Now, imagine if there were like-minded vendors getting together to form some
sort of marketing organization to promote OpenID to a variety of audiences,
including large enterprises... ;-)

    -Gabe